Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…
GinsTwin – I have been known as Gins Twin for 20 years. I convinced myself that I looked like a famous Soccer player in the UK (I didn’t at all but it made me feel good although he would have been horrified!). His name was David Ginola, his nickname was Gin. One of the women in my office said we look like twins and named me GinsTwin . It stuck and here we are 20 years later !
I was born near London UK and moved to Clearwater FL when I retired and now live in Dallas TX.
Where do You live? Dallas, Texas.
Married/Single? Married for 18years to Victoria (MrsGinsTwin)
Kids/Grandkids? 2 Kids, Sophie who lives in LA and Paul who lives in Sydney Australia. 2 Grandkids. Cordelia almost 2 and Rocky 6 weeks who both live in LA
Pets? 2 English Bulldogs – Arthur and King
Working/Retired? Retired, former Investment Banking Trader. I now trade equities for myself when I can get away from the Peloton Facebook groups and Fantasy Football !.
Motto in which you live by? “ There are 3 ways, The Right way, The Wrong way and Davids way”
- How long have you had your bike – Feb 25th 2015
- Where in your home do you ride – Guest Bedroom
- What is your favorite Color – Blue
- What is your favorite food – Sushi or Peking Duck
- What is your favorite TV Show – Homeland
- Have you ever ridden in studio – Yes, I Love riding in studio with JSS
- Who would you like to ride with – JSSTribe members
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck
- Favorite musician – Fleetwood Mac
- Morning or night – Morning
- Last Book You Read – Overwatch by Matthew Betley (A Peloton Rider)
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you My Daughter (Constantly !!)
- Favorite App – The Note App ( I have lists of lists!)
- Favorite Sport – Football (UK) and American Football
- Favorite Sports Team – Tottenham Hotspur (London)and The Dallas Cowboys
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage– I rarely drink, but if I do my Fave is a Chilled White Wine.
- What Color is your toothbrush – White, Electric
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Popeye
- Coffee or tea – Coffee
- What time do you go to bed – 930 pm
- Fave Reality TV show – HardKnocks
- F…M…K…John Foley, Denis Morton, Cody Rigsby or Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman, JJ – I am going to plead the 5th. However suffice to say, F- My wife Victoria, M- My wife Victoria and K Occasionally My Wife Victoria.
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I have met the Queen of England and Prince Phillip. I lived next door To Lawrence Taylor(NY Giants LB) in the 80s although being fresh from the UK I had no idea at the time who he was .
- Dinner guest – Jenn Sherman.- If JSS is busy on the bench would be Tom Brady and Rod Stewart
Anything else you’d like to share?
Firstly I sincerely want to thank the Admins for everything. It must be tough to keep things as organized and as friendly as you guys do. We all really appreciate it.
I have been very fortunate in that I have lived all over the world. In London, NYC, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Clearwater and now Dallas. I really believe that living overseas broadens ones outlook and makes us appreciate things more.
After living in all of those places I can honestly say that living in the USA is a real privilege, an honor, and the only place I want to be.