Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…Eatcake4bfast
I first was introduced to the phrase Eat Cake for Breakfast on a Kate Spade teeshirt years ago. Said teeshirt is no more but I still love what it said to me…always eat the cake…experience the sweetness in life…don’t ignore the opportunity to take a taste of the goodness that is in front of you. Plus, I like cake. I really like cake. My fav is the coconut cake from The Peninsula Grill in Charleston. Its worth the trip!
I chose #eatcake4bfast for my leaderboard name and abbreviated breakfast to “bfast – be fast”…which I try to be when JSS says to crank up the cadence to 120!
Personal Info: Katie Young Cunningham
Where do You live? Basking Ridge, NJ
Married/Single? Married to Kevin (#stretch71 on the leaderboard) – he doesn’t ride often but crushes it every time he does
Kids/Grandkids? 3 kids – Ryan (16), Regan (15) and Brady (7)
Pets? Big Fin (our everlasting Betta fish) and on the wait list for our first puppy!
Working/Retired? Currently stay at home with my kiddies, but always brainstorming for my next business venture.
Motto in which you live by? (see above)
- How long have you had your bike – June 2017
- Where in your home do you ride – In my living room
- What is your favorite Color – Pink
- What is your favorite food – Pizza (even the crappy frozen stuff) and I really like cake (see above!)
- What is your favorite TV Show – May I pick two? The Crown and Friday Night Lights (BEST SHOW EVER – Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose!)
- Have you ever ridden in studio – Yes…Walk of Shame ride with Jess
- Who would you like to ride with – JSS…and I will (after my daughter’s competition dance and Nutcracker seasons are over)
- Guilty Pleasure – Haribo Gummy Bears (and cake)
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck (and my 7 year old has picked it up and confirmed he learned it from me…nice)
- Favorite musician – After Saturday night’s AMAZING concert, I have to say Garth Brooks
- Morning or night – Morning
- Last Book You Read – Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – My friend Melissa…about the Garth Brooks concert!
- Favorite App – Starbucks (no waiting in line)
- Favorite Sport – I love to watch swimming (my daughter especially). My older son is a fencer and while it is tough to understand, it is a thrilling sport to watch as a spectator.
- Favorite Sports Team – We are a Giants and Yankees family…I just go along with it. I was raised in Redskins territory.
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – French 75
- What Color is your toothbrush – Navy/White
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Cinderella
- Coffee or tea – Tea (hate coffee)
- What time do you go to bed – 10ish (or when my kids stop popping in for “one more thing…”)
- Fave Reality TV show – Anything on Bravo…
- F…M…K…As fun as it would be, I can’t answer this with a sweet husband and two nosy teenagers on social media (I’ll leave it up to your guess)!!!
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? – I am not as quiet as I appear at first meeting…
- Dinner guest – Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip…she’d be lovely and he’d be a hoot.
A special thank you to the AMAZING admins of the JSS Tribe. Working with our fearless leader, you all make this a great place to be on Facebook and I can’t wait to meet you all live at the studio and at the HRI!
And, to Jen Sherman…I feel like I am riding with a friend…a friend that just tells me to fucking get out of my comfort zone and just do it…and then plays another great tune and says to do it again. And I do. Every time. That is why I ride. Because you push me to be better. Thanks for the inspiration.