Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…
#TheGriz: I’m a 1985 alum from the University of Montana. Mascot: The Grizzlies past prez of the alumni association and a big fan of my alma mater. My non-MT friends call me “The Griz” since I’m the only Montana alum they’ve met!
Where do You live? As I’m writing this, mid-Michigan, however 2nd week in February my wife & I are moving to Salt Lake City, Utah!!
Married/Single? Married to Holly (#ZoeGirl) for 27 years
Kids/Grandkids? 2 great young adults, Zach who lives in SLC & Amanda who lives in Kalamazoo.
Pets? Zoe, our 13 year old mini-Golden Doodle
Working/Retired? Working on retirement! Move to SLC is first part of that! (soon)
Motto in which you live by? It used to be “keep your eye on the prize” but last year it’s changed to The Shit That Matters! 🙂
- How long have you had your bike – one year this January! Been riding since November of 2016 when my company gym bought 2 bikes.
- Where in your home do you ride –Currently in our basement, in SLC? TBD…
- What is your favorite Color – Blue
- What is your favorite food – since our Summer trip to Italy, Aglio e Olio
- What is your favorite TV Show – not a big fan of TV, but just finished bing watching Stranger Things, LOVED it!
- Have you ever ridden in studio – no, but will later this year, God willing!
- Who would you like to ride with – Kevin McKenny #PharmaSpin is my Pelo-brother, I have a standing invite to ride with him in the studio. Thinking Howard Godnick #godnick would be a blast but afraid he and I would get kicked out of the studio for snarky commenting during the ride!
- Guilty Pleasure – Some version of chocolate, currently, Nutella & Peanut Butter
- Favorite Curse word – Umm, yeah… Fuck. Picked that one up from a certain spin instructor! (thanks Jenn!).
- Favorite musician – currently playlist artists are David Gray and Jason Isbell
- Morning or night – Morning person. As I’ve grown older I find that I’m getting up when I used to go so sleep as a young man!
- Last Book You Read – The Broker by John Grisham
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – my lovely daughter Amanda!
- Favorite App – Spotify or Delta Airlines (I live for music, but also live on a plane for business)
- Favorite Sport – Soccer, used to be a big-time soccer-dad, but they retired from the game and I had to retire from following… (I’m still voting for Carly!) My EPL team used to be Arsenal but Dave Barnett is lobbying for me to follow the Hotspurs!
- Favorite Sports Team – Green Bay Packers
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Craft Beer & Tequila –reposado or anejo please!
- What Color is your toothbrush – blue
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character– Sponge Bob
- Coffee or tea – Espresso!
- What time do you go to bed – 10 pm… don’t hate, I love my mornings!
- Fave Reality TV show – None… but I have caught The Voice from time to time.
- F…M…K…John Foley, Denis Morton, Cody Rigsby or Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman, JJ – OK… this one caused the most pondering… If those are my only choices, here we go: F – Robin; M- if I had to do that over again, Jenn Sherman, as we grow old together we would have Magical playlists to listen to! (she is my music spirit animal); K- Cody… have you ever seen him rock a Speedo? I’d kill for that look!
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I’m an award-winning homebrewer, cheers! I also have a penchant for playing craps, usually in Vegas. Because of the Peloton bike & community I’ve become an outdoor road rider now as well!
- Dinner guest – would love to share one more moment with my Mom & Dad who both passed, one more wonderful meal together!
Anything else you’d like to share?
LOVE this bike that goes nowhere! Because of my business, I get to travel around much of the country (but not yet to NYC…!) and have connected with Pelofriends around the country. Rode outdoors with Chris Merrill in Salt Lake City (who, may actually become a neighbor!); got to meet Dave Barnett and his wife Victoria at the Dallas Cowboys/Philadelphia Eagles game. Also rode in a few of the Peloton Showrooms in Dallas, Austin and Troy/Detroit. All these staff have been superb and welcoming to allow a wayward visitor the chance to get a ride in!
LOVE this JSS Tribe for all their love, support and positive vibes! And I can’t forget our great Admin’s for their dedication and hard work.
Then there’s Jenn Sherman… Since I started back in November of 2016 with your NFL rides, I’ve become hooked on your down to earth approach to spinning, it’s more like riding with a best friend than an instructor, LOVE THIS!