First and foremost explain what is your leaderboard name and what is it’s genesis: I wish I could say I have some thoughtfully crafted, deeply meaningful leaderboard name but alas I do not. It is simply a take on my first name and the first initial of my last name (larabee1). I know – very creative. I’ve thought about changing it but it seems too late now – I’ve committed!
Name: Lara R. Badain
Where do You live? Rochester, NY (home of the Wegmans mothership)
Married/Single? Long-term relationship (at my age – 51 – I think “boyfriend” sounds a little silly, right?) with Jay Speranza
Kids/Grandkids: 3 step-children; 1 step-grandson
Pets? YES (MY child) – I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Henry. He’s my third RR in about 20 years. I have a borderline abnormal obsession/devotion to my dog(s)
Working/Retired? Working – Attorney – long time litigator, now focused more on mediation – it’s far more civilized – I work mostly in the area of matrimonial and family law.
Do you have a motto which you live by? This one seems appropriate here: “Inspiration is hard to come by. You have to take it where you find it.” – Bob Dylan
- How long have you had your bike – March 3, 2018
- Where in your home do you ride – In my home office
- What is your favorite Color – Purple
- What is your favorite food – Hard to say. I’m spoiled – my partner Jay owns a restaurant where he is the executive chef. He focuses on Italian so I’ll go with pasta.
- What is your favorite TV Show – ANYTHING by Aaron Sorkin but especially the West Wing. I can quote most of the episodes.
- Have you ever ridden in studio – not yet, but am hoping to get there at the end of August when we’re in NYC
- Who would you like to ride with – Jenn, of course, and Kristy Carruba!
- Guilty Pleasure – Ice cream
- Favorite Curse word – naturally, FUCK, and all its variations (fucked, fucker, fucking, etc…)!
- Favorite musician – This is a hard one…Prince? Madonna? Or could I say favorite band? Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, there are just so many.
- Morning or night – Morning for sure
- Last Book You Read – some boring law book
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – my brother, Marc
- Favorite App – Weather Channel (I know, so lame – but I need to know weather for dog walking).
- Favorite Sport – NFL Football
- Favorite Sports Team – This is a longer story than I can tell here, but my family has been die-hard Oakland Raider fans forever (my grandfather was close with the owner). My brother, Marc, has been with the team since after college and was named President of the Raiders in 2015.
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Vodka with Lemonade or an Aperol Spritzer
- What Color is your toothbrush – Blue and White
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Totally Daffy Duck (when he goes nuts and his bill flies off? Come on.)
- Coffee or tea – Herbal Tea (told you I’m lame)
- What time do you go to bed – around 10-11pm
- Fave Reality TV show – Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I’m kind of old school, like I think the handwritten note is a lost art. Also, I can be somewhat shy and reserved which people sometimes mistake for aloofness. Oh, and I was at SU at the same time as Jenn (a year ahead – sadly, our paths never crossed)
- Dinner guest – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
25) Marry/F/Kill-Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman or JJ OR Matt Wilpers, Alex T. or Denis – I’ve gotta be honest, I don’t know the players well enough to answer this one. If I went in that direction, I might marry Jenn.
Anything else you’d like to share? I’ve found the bike to be transformative. I’m more of a social media “voyeur” rather than one who shares much, so I tend to follow the Tribe slightly from afar. I thought completing this “get to know you” might be a step in the direction of being more open and involved. I think we all share our appreciation for Jenn’s gift – this community is extraordinary.