Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain what is your leaderboard name and what is it’s genesis – #MellOnWheels. It’s a takeoff on Hell On Wheels since I ride outdoors, too.
Name: Melanie Levin
Where do You live? Denver, CO since September 2016
Married/Single? Single, used to be married.
Kids/Grandkids 2 daughters: Jamie Rose, 31, a PhD scientist in Seattle, married to a med student who I adore…Talia, 25, an aspiring movie director living in L.A.
Working/Retired? Working full time and then some as a Pediatric Radiology physician at the Children’s Hospital Colorado
Do you have a motto in which you live by? “Be yourself, everyone else is taken”…Oscar Wilde
- How long have you had your bike – Dec 15 2016 was my first ride
- Where in your home do you ride – open floor plan living space, so it’s in the corner past the kitchen, by the bar, looking out at the Rocky Mountains
- What is your favorite Color – blue
- What is your favorite food – pasta
- What is your favorite TV Show – Orange Is The New Black, House of Cards, Grey’s Anatomy
- Have you ever ridden in studio – yes, 4 different weekends now!
- Who would you like to ride with – I’d love to road ride with Matt and Christine. I love riding live with Jess and Alex and JJ and, of course, JSS
- Guilty Pleasure – frozen black cherries
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck
- Favorite musician – The Lone Bellow, The Avett Brothers, James Taylor
- Morning or night – almost always early AM, before I go to work if we’re talking Peloton. Night for everything else.
- Last Book You Read –.Tiny Beautiful Things, Cheryl Strayed
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – my daughter, Jamie
- Favorite App – Ski Tracks, it tracks your distance and vertical drop and speed, All Trails for hiking
- Favorite Sport – skiing, alpine (downhill, giant slalom, freeriding)
- Favorite Sports Team – the U.S. Ski Team
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Bourbon
- What Color is your toothbrush – Purple
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Snoopy
- Coffee or tea – Coffee
- What time do you go to bed – 11pm
- Fave Reality TV show – Dancing With The Stars, I would watch it with my parents when visiting
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I do recreational ski racing (Giant Slalom). I was a college dropout selling newspaper classified ads for the Washington Post during my dropout years.
- Dinner guest – Brandi Carlile, Michelle and Barack Obama, Elie Wiesel, Grandpa
25) Marry/F/Kill-Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman or JJ OR Matt Wilpers, Alex T. or Denis no way a gay woman can answer the first grouping, though robin easily is the kill there.
Anything else you’d like to share? I love my bike and the Peloton community and some of my tribes. My favorite tribe outside of the JSS tribe is #PMG, physician moms group, because we are women who try to be the best doctors and moms and wives and daughters and friends and mentors, etc., while still carving out time for ourselves. If I had had this type of a group when I was struggling as a new mom in medical school and residency, it would have been sooooo much easier. We share so much love and support in that group, it’s truly amazing that we were brought together by a bike that goes nowhere!