Leaderboard Get To Know You
Name: Sandee Chalk – #sandeekay
Where do you live? Horseheads NY and a new home in Liverpool NY( split time with a bike at each location). Moved from New Jersey , where I lived since college, to marry my husband. He owns a business and couldn’t move. I am in a profession that allows me to live anywhere.
Married/Single? Divorced twice but now Very happily married for 6 ½ years-
Kids/Grandkids: 3 beautiful step daughters all in their 20s, one who was married in June and one getting married in April. The third is in grad school in Florida
Pets? My other kids/loves- 2 labs- Harley and Riley and 3 adorable cats SamSam, Charlie-girl and Emma
Working/Retired? Working as the Director of National Sales for a food manufacturer in Philadelphia- I absolutely love my job.
Do you have a motto in which you live by? There are only two types of people in this world, givers and takers. Always strive to be a giver- I do.
- How long have you had your bike – my first bike is a year and a half old and my second bike for my second home is a week old
- Where in your home do you ride – I have a home gym in each house
- What is your favorite Color – the beautiful breathtaking shade of blue that is hard to describe- a blue green color
- What is your favorite food –hmmmm, I am married to a former football player so I pretty much like all food ( except cucumbers and escargot)
- What is your favorite TV Show – Live PD- I’m addicted
- Have you ever ridden in studio – not yet but I am dying to take a ride with Jenn
- Who would you like to ride with – see above Jenn Sherman, my fellow Syracuse Alum
- Guilty Pleasure – shopping for dog toys- I cant walk into a grocery or pet store without buying my pups a present.( I also do the same for my husband- not at pet store haha)
- Favorite Curse word – Let’s just say JDFI is a perfect phrase. I say FUCK a lot.
- Favorite musician – Bruce Springsteen- I have loved him since I saw him at school in the 80s
- Morning or night – hmmm- that’s tough- I ride better in the morning before work but I do enjoy an evening out as well.
- Last Book You Read –.The Summons by John Grisham- I love his work
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – my beautiful step daughter who is coming by after work to pick up some chex mix we made for her.
- Favorite App –my peloton app of course
- Favorite Sport – football all the way- my husband was the captain of the Syracuse team and he/we are still actively involved. Go Orange He also went to Giants as a free agent ut disnt stay log as his dad became ill and he took over the business.
- Favorite Sports Team – The Cleveland Browns. After watching Hard Knocks this year we were addicted. We managed to catch a game and it was so much fun.
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Malbec ( and Cab, Pinot Noir, Merlot….etc…) and ofcourse Verve Cliquot
- What Color is your toothbrush –its green- I use this fantastic Radius toothbrush. Its got a huge head and they come in left and right. Its great for the gums.
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Im old ( 50s) so I still love Scooby Doo
- Coffee or tea – coffee- black. I cant live without my Keurig.
- What time do you go to bed – what time do I go to bed or what time do I fall asleep on the couch? Bed around 10:30 – Couch- depends on the type of day I’ve had, if I do,maybe 9:30.
- Fave Reality TV show – again Live PD- its so much fun to watch –a real shit show, some nights and Dan Abrams is hysterical with Sean Larkin and Tom Morris as hosts. I’ll admit I also love the Housewives of all areas and Below Deck.
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I grew up poor but had such wonderful parents I didn’t really realize it until I went to Syracuse and everyone was wealthy. I worked my butt off in life and married well. We have many nice things but I find greatest pleasure in doing and giving to others. I guess Im somewhat of a contradiction, I can be a real bitch if you piss me off or disrespect me or my family yet I would still give you the shirt off my back if you needed it.
- Dinner guest –Don’t kill me but Bill Clinton. I do not agree in anyway with his politics but I had the privilege in my job of attending a dinner he was speaking at and he is a mesmerizing speaker… him or Jenn Sherman J, she would be more fun.
- Marry/F/Kill-Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman or JJ OR Matt Wilpers, Alex T. or Denis—hmmmm that’s tough- marry Jenn S, Robin and Denis-in Utah, F no one but my hubby, and kill JJ, she is adorable but grates on my nerves if I take her class. Im not sure what to make of her . She seems so sweet and cheesy yet posts some really provocative pics on social media…
Anything else you’d like to share? Since I married my husband and hit 50, I have gained a bit of weight. He likes to eat but has an exceptional body that never really gains weight. I am not so lucky so I need this bike to help me lose and remain fit and healthy, it’s a struggle. This bike and community have been an amazing addition to my life. With my job, I am always either buried in work in my home office or traveling. I get up and ride before work and it helps tremendously. I love my job, I love my family life and I love my Peloton peeps. I am grateful to be part of this community.( though I miss the interaction with Jenn on the FB page and hate the Peloton rule regarding that issue)