Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain what is your leaderboard name and what is it’s genesis: It’s #Buffinda34. I’m the youngest of 5 kids & born at a time siblings didn’t come up to the hospital. They asked my Dad what I looked like, to which he responded, “A Buffy,” because of my blond fuzz for hair. It stuck & morphed into other nicknames off of the original.It’s a homage to my Dad, who unfortunately died from a heart attack when I was 13. As for 34, it’s always been my fav #, from it being the basketball # for a guy I had a crush on in HS (who didn’t know I existed) to currently Jonny Lester’s # for my beloved Cubbies.
Name: Susan Wrate Conway
Where do You live? Syracuse, NY (Let’s Go Orange!)
Married/Single? Married for 24 years to Pat (#Ertz_When_I_Pee)
Kids/Grandkids 2 daughters: Bridget (23), & Molly (19)
Pets? Our son, 2 yr old Cavalier King Charles/Bischon dog, Hairy Kerry Conway
Working/Retired? Hospice Social Worker
Do you have a motto in which you live by? Tomorrow’s not promised.
I try to live each day fully, in the present, laugh a lot, and not take anything for granted since it can all be gone in an instant.
- How long have you had your bike – 12/6/17
- Where in your home do you ride –Our Spare Room
- What is your favorite Color – That insanely gorgeous shade of blue when there isn’t a cloud in the sky
- What is your favorite food – Anything Mexican, especially guacamole, and all chocolate.
- What is your favorite TV Show – Impractical Jokers, The Bachelor series, This Is Us, Sports Center, March Madness
- Have you ever ridden in studio – NO and I MUST remedy that soon!
- Who would you like to ride with – My Milestone Maniacs and Michael Strahan!
- Guilty Pleasure – chocolate, though it’s more of a public service to those around me because without it I’m bitchy
- Favorite Curse word – FFFFF in any combination, asshat, assclown
- Favorite musician – Tough since so many incredible options: My very favorites are my daughters who are classically trained, but also Zac Brown Band, Billy Joel, show tunes, Harry Connick, Jr, The Police, Drake, and Mumford&Sons. Music is everything to me.
- Morning or night – Night owl
- Last Book You Read –.Turtles All The Way Down- John Green as requested by my daughter Bridget to better understand how her brain works sometimes
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – My daughter Molly from college (On Wisconsin!)
- Favorite App – Spotify
- Favorite Sport – Baseball
- Favorite Sports Team – Chicago Cubs since the early 80’s, and bleed Syracuse Orange with special love for their Men’s Basketball team
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Cabernet and tequila
- What Color is your toothbrush – Blue
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – My brother has always called me Danger Prone Daphne from Scooby Doo so I’m going with her
- Coffee or tea – Both, but always coffee first thing in the morning.
- What time do you go to bed – 11pm ish
- Fave Reality TV show – The Bachelor Series
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? Behind the kind social worker is someone with very dark & inappropriate humor. I’m just wrong.
- Dinner guest – My Dad. My 49 yr old self has so many questions since he’s been gone so many years.
25) Marry/F/Kill-Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman or JJ OR Matt Wilpers, Alex T. or Denis: My husband is well aware— marry none of them, but F Denis or Alex any day. I’d love to have dinner or drinks with the instructors too, particularly Jenn!
Anything else you’d like to share?
Just how grateful I am for this tribe and Jenn. I know so many other people say the same, but between her love of music(and 99% of it that I love singing along to as well), the importance of the rhythm of the music, her frequent F bombs, her warmth, her love of alma mater, and her love of her kids, I know I’ve found my home. THANK YOU.