Live from the mothership on Sunday, December 3rd.
Wherein JSS asks – “Where’s Busta?”
Via JSS: “JSS Tribe Bling is finally here! The perfect Tribe stocking stuffers, stock up on the 5 inch blinged out JSSTribe rhinestone sticker, perfect for laptops, tablets, binders or anywhere for that added sparkle! And introducing an item that I can’t live without, the StickerBeans Phone wallet! Thank you StickerBeans for creating these special items for the JSSTribe!! Click the link below to purchase and spread the sparkle⭐️🌟⭐️”
Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…
GinsTwin – I have been known as Gins Twin for 20 years. I convinced myself that I looked like a famous Soccer player in the UK (I didn’t at all but it made me feel good although he would have been horrified!). His name was David Ginola, his nickname was Gin. One of the women in my office said we look like twins and named me GinsTwin . It stuck and here we are 20 years later !
I was born near London UK and moved to Clearwater FL when I retired and now live in Dallas TX.
Where do You live? Dallas, Texas.
Married/Single? Married for 18years to Victoria (MrsGinsTwin)
Kids/Grandkids? 2 Kids, Sophie who lives in LA and Paul who lives in Sydney Australia. 2 Grandkids. Cordelia almost 2 and Rocky 6 weeks who both live in LA
Pets? 2 English Bulldogs – Arthur and King
Working/Retired? Retired, former Investment Banking Trader. I now trade equities for myself when I can get away from the Peloton Facebook groups and Fantasy Football !.
Motto in which you live by? “ There are 3 ways, The Right way, The Wrong way and Davids way”
- How long have you had your bike – Feb 25th 2015
- Where in your home do you ride – Guest Bedroom
- What is your favorite Color – Blue
- What is your favorite food – Sushi or Peking Duck
- What is your favorite TV Show – Homeland
- Have you ever ridden in studio – Yes, I Love riding in studio with JSS
- Who would you like to ride with – JSSTribe members
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck
- Favorite musician – Fleetwood Mac
- Morning or night – Morning
- Last Book You Read – Overwatch by Matthew Betley (A Peloton Rider)
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you My Daughter (Constantly !!)
- Favorite App – The Note App ( I have lists of lists!)
- Favorite Sport – Football (UK) and American Football
- Favorite Sports Team – Tottenham Hotspur (London)and The Dallas Cowboys
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage– I rarely drink, but if I do my Fave is a Chilled White Wine.
- What Color is your toothbrush – White, Electric
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Popeye
- Coffee or tea – Coffee
- What time do you go to bed – 930 pm
- Fave Reality TV show – HardKnocks
- F…M…K…John Foley, Denis Morton, Cody Rigsby or Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman, JJ – I am going to plead the 5th. However suffice to say, F- My wife Victoria, M- My wife Victoria and K Occasionally My Wife Victoria.
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I have met the Queen of England and Prince Phillip. I lived next door To Lawrence Taylor(NY Giants LB) in the 80s although being fresh from the UK I had no idea at the time who he was .
- Dinner guest – Jenn Sherman.- If JSS is busy on the bench would be Tom Brady and Rod Stewart
Anything else you’d like to share?
Firstly I sincerely want to thank the Admins for everything. It must be tough to keep things as organized and as friendly as you guys do. We all really appreciate it.
I have been very fortunate in that I have lived all over the world. In London, NYC, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Clearwater and now Dallas. I really believe that living overseas broadens ones outlook and makes us appreciate things more.
After living in all of those places I can honestly say that living in the USA is a real privilege, an honor, and the only place I want to be.
What was JSS’s first concert? The answer…
Lots of questions coming out of the big Peloton HRI Announcement.
I will do my best to answer as many of them here as I can:
Last year was my first HRI Event. On Friday night there was a Peloton cocktail party at Chelsea Piers and all instructors attended. So did Peloton execs including John Foley! I don’t remember what time in-studio rides ended but there were in studio rides most of the day and none in the evening.
Chelsea Piers party was top notch. Appy’s and Open Bar. Step and Repeat for photo opps and lots of people meeting who have never met before. We all received name tags with both real name and LB name. People got very dressed up. I was definitely UNDER dressed but that’s my M.O. most of the time anyway.
On Saturday and Sunday there were rides and Beyond the Ride classes.
The way sign-up worked last year, was that Peloton released a $50 package that included the cocktail party, 1 Ride and 1 Beyond the Ride over the course of the weekend. Jenn’s classes went FAST however after the frenzy died down, Peloton allowed members to purchase additional classes where there were openings.
Peloton did provide hotel recommendations, restaurant recommendations and fun things to do for those visiting from out of town. I’m sure they will do this again.
I have NO idea at this point about the following:
-What this years package consists of
-How much this years package costs
-When this years package will go on sale
-What Jenn’s teaching schedule for that weekend will be
What I can tell you is that it was all a ton of fun and I can’t wait for this years event.
Shirley, Getty, Yaya and I are all working hard already to put together a great JSS exclusive Tribe event for all of you and will provide info as soon as we have it. We are looking into hotel ideas, and hope to have our own recommendations too, but remember, we don’t work for Peloton and this stuff is time consuming so we’ll do our best.
Let us know HERE what questions you have. We’ll keep adding to this thread so that you can get all of your HRI facts in one place.
#JFDI and book your trip now!
JSS TRIBE ALERT!
It’s official…the Peloton HRI Event will be held in NYC on May 4, 5, & 6. For those of you who have never attended, we really recommend you come to NY! It’s a blast!!!
The JSS Tribe Event will be held on Thursday Night May 3rd. We will have more details soon but wanted you to SAVE THE DATE and make your plans now with this information! Hope to see you all there!
Shirley Benaroya Bitton
Last Weekend in NYC, was all about coming together to raise awareness for Breast Cancer. Our own Yanina Livingston, took this on and organized quite a weekend for JSS Tribe members. On Saturday, Yanina and 20 JSS Tribe members ran the Brooklyn Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon together. On Sunday, Lisa Wichman, Shari Rosenberg, Jamie Schneider, Kate Flynn, Tracey Paulsen and Monica Kalfur walked the Avon39 TOGETHER! While they were walking, Yanina and a bunch of JSS Tribe members were in the studio for a very ride that only our fearless leader could make so special for everyone involved. After the ride, the riders went over to cheer on the walkers as they finished their walk. One Peloton at its finest.
The JSS Tribe raised over $1,000 Dollars and divided 100% of the funds raised among the 6 Avon39 Tribe Members who walked together.
Congratulations to Yanina for a very successful, amazing, inspiring event!
Yanina recapped her amazing weekend in this note below. Thought you’d all enjoy: