The Genesis of My Leaderboard Name:
So my first name is Jason and my last name is Denburg and when I hopped on the bike October 13th 2017, I had no idea what I was doing and just typed my first name and the start of the my last name so I am JasonD. Kind of simple.
Name: Jason Denburg
Where do you live: Warren, NJ
Pets: Puppy. “Yogi” (shitzu bichon mix)
Work: Audio/Lighting/Server/Housemen F/T Bedminster NJ
College: Raritan Valley Community College (2 Years)
Motto In Which Live by: Be the best that you can be.
Family Motto: “If you work hard and try hard good things will happen.
- How long have you had your bike? My mom had her bike since October 2014. I got on and took my first ride with a great coach Jennifer Schreiber Sherman on October 13 th 2017 and took a 30 min 80’s Ride. I texted my mom afterwards and said she’s beautiful and she kicked my ass. After that I took a NFL pregame ride on Sunday 10/15/17 and fell in love with this tribe right away and more importantly with Jennifer Schreiber Sherman.
- Where in your home do you ride? Basement Gym
- What is your favorite color? Red
- What is your favorite food? Pizza/Chicken Fingers (Starting to lay off bad food due to another instructor not loving the way I’ve been eating lately.)
- What is your favorite TV Show? Sports Center
- Have you ever ridden in studio? Every Week I ride in studio I love the studio crew from the front desk people to the production people to the retail people. Of course Jenn is the one I ride most with but I have been lucky enough to also meet and ride with Cody, Dennis, Jennifer Jacobs, Ally, Emma, and Hannah. I love going to the studio on my days off from work, in fact the crew knows my favorite bike and my settings.
- Who would you like to ride with? I would love to ride next to in studio with Jennifer Sherman and Hannah and Emma and Jennifer Jacobs if one of them aren’t teaching a class I’m taking. Also I have met so many JSSTRIBE friends and would love to ride with my swag sisters ( they made me a “SwagBro”, like Shanna Jill, Staci Jackson, Aileen Merullo, Rachel Cone and Andrea Cote Simonett, and of course David Barnett, Lisa Getty, Yanina Livingston and Kristy Carruba
- Guilty Pleasure: Swedish Fish
- Favorite Curse Word: Fuck (Might be my New Years Resolution to stop that word.)
- Favorite Musician: Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen
- Morning Or Night? Night Person to spin at night. But I love spinning during mornings too.
- Last book you Read: I don’t read at all.
- Last person you texted with: Debbie Denburg and my swag sisters
- Favorite app? Peloton (Love everything Peloton)
- Favorite Sport: College Basketball/NFL/College Football
- Favorite sports Teams: NY Giants
- Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: I Don’t Drink
- What color is your toothbrush? Yellow and White
- Coffee or tea? Neither I don’t drink any
- What time do you go to bed? Around 1 am or later because I get excited to go to studio or to spin with my tribe for the next day.
- Favorite reality TV show: The Bachelor
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? That I spin at 11:00 at night and like to high five people on the LB.
- Dinner Guest: Jennifer Sherman, Hannah Marie Corbin, Emma Lovewell, Ally Love, Jennifer Jacobs
- F Marry Kill…
Marry: Hannah, Jennifer Sherman, Emma.
F : All of above
Anything else you’d like to share:
For me Peloton and the community in just 1 year has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. When I was in High School I was very active as a Manager for Football, Basketball, and Baseball. I was not a great athlete, especially with Contact sports, but I knew I loved sports and love to help others but I never took time for my own fitness. After HS I began to spin at a local gym, but with two part time jobs and college courses I could only make it maybe 2 times a week. On Oct. 13,2017 when I decided it was time to try my mom’s bike and took my first ride OD with JSS and the addiction was instant. My first trip to the studio was when I met Jenn in person and she has been there for me with great advice, love and support. So far I have lost over 15 pounds, and have never felt better in my life. I love to ride Live when my schedule allows, but what I love most is the convenience of riding when I want and as long as I want.
JSS has my favorite playlists and although I am 27 , her tunes are totally for me.
HRI2018 was like going to the Super Bowl for me, where I had the opportunity to meet so many face to face. The JSSTRIBE, admins, and members are so special. I have to mention David Barnett who has become a mentor to me, and there isn’t enough room to list everyone, but you know who you are. Through social media I have developed wonderful friendships, I want to thank everyone for everything, the encouragement, high fives and advice I receive daily.
So thankful for this Tribe and all it is.
Peloton has been so amazing for me and most importantly I found an exercise program that is perfect and I can say I am “Off the Sidelines” and found my passion