First and foremost, explain what is your leaderboard name and what is its genesis
When I first got my bike in November 2017, I wasn’t thinking much about what my leaderboard should be, so originally I was #TracyP63. So unimaginative! When I got back to riding and joined this tribe, I wanted something catchier and that embodied who I am. After my 100th ride, I made the decision to change my LB name and I chose #YBBlue – I have a perpetually sunny and positive disposition and the LB name evolves from my personalized car tag which has donned the YBBLUE name for 15 years.
Name: Tracy Patman
Where do You live? Pass Christian, MS
Married/Single? Married, 25 years to Larry!
Kids/Grandkids? No children
Pets? 7 cats – Tigre, Meems, Mouse, Gadget, Toby, Ninja and Seven – I am not a crazy cat lady, I swear!!
Working/Retired? Retired and working. I worked for the federal government as a geophysicist, oceanographer, and an IT specialist (enterprise architecture and system security) with the Department of Defense and NASA from the summer of my sophomore year in college (1982) to when I retired early at age 50 (2013). Since then I have been working in private industry as a Senior Applications Threat Analyst, basically working to make applications and services more secure from hacking.
Do you have a motto in which you live by? Be courageous, be brave, and always stay humble and kind.
- How long have you had your bike – A little over a year? November 2017
- Where in your home do you ride – The dining room since we don’t use it for eating J
- What is your favorite Color – Pink
- What is your favorite food – Wings
- What is your favorite TV Show – NCIS, NCIS NOLA, and Criminal Minds (I can never pick just one)
- Have you ever ridden in studio – No but a plan is in the works for June or thereabouts- fingers crossed.
- Who would you like to ride with – The #milestonemaniacs (#feffer, #Spinning_Kally, #Buffinda34, #GooniesNvrSayDi), the #bicoastalduo (#2aDayKymmi, #pineapplelove), and #bamaguy, #KokoelliMon all on a Jenn Sing Along ride (Fuck it, lets just have a ride with the whole tribe)
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck – in all forms.
- Favorite musician – Is this really a fair question? This has changed so many times in my life, but in my youth, the Bee Gees had a great impact on me.
- Morning or night – My preference is night but work requires me to be a morning person. Either that or not get enough sleep!
- Last Book You Read – Dispatches from Pluto – Lost and Found in the Mississippi Delta by Richard Grant
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – Victoria, my niece.
- Favorite App – Words with Friends
- Favorite Sport – Football – When I was in college I also play intramural football as a quarterback and a wide receiver J
- Favorite Sports Team – New Orleans Saints
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – Toss-up between Margarita and Lemon Drop Martini
- What Color is your toothbrush – White
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Simon’s Cat
- Coffee or tea – Coffee
- What time do you go to bed – I strive to be asleep by 11pm but as a night owl I am always lingering while in bed and never getting enough sleep.
- Fave Reality TV show – American Idol or X-Factor UK – I am all about the music
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? Can I share two things?
When I started out in my career, as a cooperative education student working for the federal government and in the early years after I graduated, I went to sea onboard oceanographic survey ships taking sonar images of the ocean bottom for antisubmarine warfare. Our surveys were 30 days long and we spent 7 days in port between surveys. It was an awesome way to see the world, even though some of the places weren’t exactly tourist destinations. On my first trip, in port in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, being more tan than most of my shipmates, I was almost taken in by the Guardia Civil when going back to the ship because they mistook me for a local and thought I was a hooker LOL. This was my first trip ever to go anywhere. At 19, that was a tad traumatizing!
- I have almost two books worth of poetry that I have written and plan to publish soon.
- Dinner guest – Michelle Obama, Stephen King, Jenn Sherman
25) Marry/F/Kill-Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman or JJ OR Matt Wilpers, Alex T. or Denis – Marry Jenn, F Denis, no kill J
Anything else you’d like to share? When I got my bike in November of 2017 I barely rode and had only ridden 21 times when I took my first Jenn ride on June 5 and discovered this tribe. Since June 5th I have ridden 275 times! (#300 is planned for December 5th). As I got to know this tribe, I became part of something greater, and found a place I had been longing for. We laugh, cry and celebrate together and even across many miles, it feels like there is no distance or time.