Leaderboard Get To Know You – Julie Thomas
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…
I had always loved the phrase “Hakuna matata” which many of you might know from “The Lion King”…meaning “no worries”. Well I ran across the phrase Hakuna Moscato online, which is a play on that, meaning “Drink wine” or “more wine please”. It immediately resonated with me, because riding and drinking wine are my favorite ways to relax, de-stress and have no worries!
Where do You live? Port Washington, NY (Long Island)
Kids/Grandkids? 2 daughters, Delaney, will be 10 yrs old in Feb (4th grade) and Piper, 6 yrs old (1st grade)
Working/Retired? Working PT, home by school bus
Motto in which you live by? “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”— Dr. Seuss
How long have you had your bike – 1 yr in Feb.
Where in your home do you ride – Basement
What is your favorite Color – Light or Aqua Blue
What is your favorite food – seafood and veggies
What is your favorite TV Show – This is Us
Have you ever ridden in studio – Yes! Just 1 day, back to back, JSS & Ally Love
Who would you like to ride with – My mom, she is 71 and a kick ASS biker, on the road and spin class. I have yet to convince her to get the Peloton…she is a social butterfly and loves going to class…if she only knew, has she met this tribe?
Guilty Pleasure – Sweet Potato Fries or the hot bread basket at a restaurant
Favorite Curse word – Fuck balls
Favorite musician – Billy Joel
Morning or night – Morning
Last Book You Read – The good girl, Mary Kubica
Who’s the Last Person who texted you – my friend Rachel
Favorite App – Facebook
Favorite Sport – Tennis, although I haven’t played in years
Favorite Sports Team – Red Sox
Fave Alcoholic Beverage – WINE! Not limited to, but generally Sauvignon Blanc in Summer, Pinot Noir in Winter
What Color is your toothbrush – White and teal
Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Moana
Coffee or tea – Coffee
What time do you go to bed – 10 – 11 pm
Fave Reality TV show – Not really a Reality TV watcher
F…M…K…John Foley, Denis Morton, Cody Rigsby or Robin Arzon, Jenn Sherman, JJ – I know everyone avoids this question, so I will JFDI and preface by saying I am straight, but still… I would say F – Denis or Robin (total girl crush)… M – Cody or JSS (so many similar likes)…K – love them all, wouldn’t K any of them.
What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? I went to University of Vermont and don’t know how to ski! Also, I was initially against buying the Peloton when my husband wanted to, and now am totally addicted. I haven’t been on the elliptical or run for months!
Dinner guest – Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake TOGETHER
Anything else you’d like to share? I am a mostly OD rider, but love this community and tribe and honored to be chosen to do this. I thought I had only done “a handful” of live rides, so was shocked when I read my year in review to see that I had actually done 20. Of course JSS was my top instructor. I sincerely feel like she is my friend, who I would totally hang out with. My girls definitely know her too. I wish I had had the chutzpah to ask for a picture when I rode with her in the studio, but at least I introduced myself!
Leaderboard Get To Know You
First and foremost explain the genesis of your leaderboard name…Eatcake4bfast
I first was introduced to the phrase Eat Cake for Breakfast on a Kate Spade teeshirt years ago. Said teeshirt is no more but I still love what it said to me…always eat the cake…experience the sweetness in life…don’t ignore the opportunity to take a taste of the goodness that is in front of you. Plus, I like cake. I really like cake. My fav is the coconut cake from The Peninsula Grill in Charleston. Its worth the trip!
I chose #eatcake4bfast for my leaderboard name and abbreviated breakfast to “bfast – be fast”…which I try to be when JSS says to crank up the cadence to 120!
Personal Info: Katie Young Cunningham
Where do You live? Basking Ridge, NJ
Married/Single? Married to Kevin (#stretch71 on the leaderboard) – he doesn’t ride often but crushes it every time he does
Kids/Grandkids? 3 kids – Ryan (16), Regan (15) and Brady (7)
Pets? Big Fin (our everlasting Betta fish) and on the wait list for our first puppy!
Working/Retired? Currently stay at home with my kiddies, but always brainstorming for my next business venture.
Motto in which you live by? (see above)
- How long have you had your bike – June 2017
- Where in your home do you ride – In my living room
- What is your favorite Color – Pink
- What is your favorite food – Pizza (even the crappy frozen stuff) and I really like cake (see above!)
- What is your favorite TV Show – May I pick two? The Crown and Friday Night Lights (BEST SHOW EVER – Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose!)
- Have you ever ridden in studio – Yes…Walk of Shame ride with Jess
- Who would you like to ride with – JSS…and I will (after my daughter’s competition dance and Nutcracker seasons are over)
- Guilty Pleasure – Haribo Gummy Bears (and cake)
- Favorite Curse word – Fuck (and my 7 year old has picked it up and confirmed he learned it from me…nice)
- Favorite musician – After Saturday night’s AMAZING concert, I have to say Garth Brooks
- Morning or night – Morning
- Last Book You Read – Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Who’s the Last Person who texted you – My friend Melissa…about the Garth Brooks concert!
- Favorite App – Starbucks (no waiting in line)
- Favorite Sport – I love to watch swimming (my daughter especially). My older son is a fencer and while it is tough to understand, it is a thrilling sport to watch as a spectator.
- Favorite Sports Team – We are a Giants and Yankees family…I just go along with it. I was raised in Redskins territory.
- Fave Alcoholic Beverage – French 75
- What Color is your toothbrush – Navy/White
- Do you have a favorite cartoon character – Cinderella
- Coffee or tea – Tea (hate coffee)
- What time do you go to bed – 10ish (or when my kids stop popping in for “one more thing…”)
- Fave Reality TV show – Anything on Bravo…
- F…M…K…As fun as it would be, I can’t answer this with a sweet husband and two nosy teenagers on social media (I’ll leave it up to your guess)!!!
- What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? – I am not as quiet as I appear at first meeting…
- Dinner guest – Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip…she’d be lovely and he’d be a hoot.
A special thank you to the AMAZING admins of the JSS Tribe. Working with our fearless leader, you all make this a great place to be on Facebook and I can’t wait to meet you all live at the studio and at the HRI!
And, to Jen Sherman…I feel like I am riding with a friend…a friend that just tells me to fucking get out of my comfort zone and just do it…and then plays another great tune and says to do it again. And I do. Every time. That is why I ride. Because you push me to be better. Thanks for the inspiration.